Re: rattle,rattle, clatter, clatter.

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 22:16:50 EDT

I had a flapping speedo cable on the 99 Dak that I
had,that about drove me crazy. If I remember right,it
was slapping against heat shields around the exhaust,
but not shields attached to the cat. Sounded like
marbles in a tin can. I secured it with heavy plastic
cable ties,and never heard it again. (Luckily,I was
able to duplicate the noise by moving the cable back
and forth by hand,or else I never would have found
it.) Steve P.