Gen II Trucks - Tire Sizes

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 08:13:23 EDT

One of these days, my '95 is going to be done and I'm going to need tires for
it. It's a stock height 2wd truck - I'm not really into lowering it.

I'm curious what other guys are running out there? I'm going to run 15 x 8
rims. Here's are the sizes I have in mind:

255/60-15 all around. (27" tall)
255/65-15 all around (28.1" tall)
275/60-15 all around (27.9" tall)

The truck is going to have all new front suspension, including new springs,
so I should have my full height to work with without any sag. I'd kind of like
to run the 275's, which you can get in a decent sport truck tire now like
Toyo Proxes S/T, Kumho Ecsta, etc. I'm afraid they'll stick out too far and look
stupid. So DML, what do you think?

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD