Viper Fan revisited..............

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 22:26:57 EDT

OK, I'm back on the DML. Well I got my Viper fan installed and the thing
SUCKS! I do mean sucks that air into the radiator like no tomorrow! I wired
it to run only in high speed and so far so good. Since the install its
cooled down here in the days. Till it gets hot, that is when the real test
begin! I had to remove the OEM fan shold (SP?) and fit in a after market
coolant overflow bottle and in the process of custom make a bottle for the
windshield washer fluid. With one SPDT switch (manual on, off & auto) and a
red led to show when the fan is running, that's all I need to control it.

The "auto" mode is controlled by 3 signals...
(1) a Hayden adjustable thermostatic fan control
(2) Runs when the A/C is running
(3) PCM high temp signal.

Manual on just puts 12V to the power relays for the fan.

Off is Off all together. Such as when running on the hiway or crossing
rivers or mud pits ;-)

Working on the web page with photos and parts list.

Thanks for letting me share this with you.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://www.mallettservices.com/y2kota.html
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm