RE: Re: Re: r/t vs hemi ram?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 14:03:47 EDT

Already have one, the motor is expensive though. Have to keep on the
lookout for a wrecked on. Then watch out.

Actually, this has interested me quite a bit. I really believe this is a
project I will be doing in the future. I have a classic mustang I am
working on that's nearly done and I think right after I finish it I am
going to go for it. Form what I can gather (without verifying the
measurements yet) is that the main cost is the motor and tranny Along
with everything that you need. Of course there is going to be some work
involved but if the firewall doesn't have to be touched then that makes
everything far easier. Moving motor mounts (or making adaptors) and
making a custom crossmember for the tranny isn't the easiest thing but
if that's it other than the hookups then it shouldn't be to bad to do.

Jeff Durling