Re: Re: Need help finding truck box that fits

From: Antonio Magallanez (amagalla@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 17:10:01 EDT

Barry and any one else interested,

I had one those "fiber" boxes from Delta. It looked great. The contoured box looked perfect on the truck. But, after about a year on the truck, the box started leaking, and stress cracks started developing. Now, the mounts for 2 of the 4 tention springs have completely broken off. It seems that as the box ages, the "fiber" plastic becomes VERY brittle. I loved the way the box looked, but it only lasted about 1 1/2 years.

Tony