Whoops....!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 02:02:56 EDT

Christine had her first test drive Saturday night. I reinstalled the
suspension componants I had removed.. bolted the wheels up and drove out
of The Swamp.... no hood, no front bumper or grill etc... Got several
odd looks from neighbors heheh.....

I took one trip around the block and came home - pulled up to teh
garage... and heard a bad noise - and felt a bad lurch.... got out - to
see the drivers side wheel at a sickening angle. At first I thought the
ball joints gave out... then I saw what happened. I didnt reinstall
the drive axles up front, deliberatly, because I was going to replace
the wheel bearings. I didn't want to have to bolt the axles up only to
have to remove them again....

little did I know - that the hub nut that attatches to the axle shaft -
is what keeps the hub and wheel bearing in place! THe wheel popped
right out.

I jacked up the trucks front end - hammered the wheel back in the hub -
and drove into the Swamp... on the safe side I left a jack stand under
the frame incase the wheel falls out again in the garage lol.

Well no harm done - was going to replace those bearings anyhow! heheeh
Would this qualify as a R/T style blunder??

I can hear the screams already for mentioning "him" on the list.....)

Note to self: axle nut keeps hub in place

Terrible Tom

*********COUNTDOWN (59) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY*********

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/