Re: Gear swap (was: Looking at a Dakota)

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 06:26:50 EDT

On Mon, 26 May 2003 11:12:24 Bob Tom wrote:

> If you give me the details of what you need up front, I'll go to
> Taylor Dodge and see what my price will be.

Well, I'll need the ring & pinion, obviously. Also... actually, I don't
know. What else do I need in order to change the gear ratio?

This is for the front axle in a 2001 Dakota 4x4. Unless I'm mistaken,
they all use the same front axle. I believe it's some type of modified
IFS Dana 30. I've been trying to research it on the net and the only
thing I've learned is that all Dana axles have an identification number
stamped on them. When it stops raining and I get a few minutes, I'll go
climb under the truck and see if I can find this number. Hopefully I'll
be able to read it without removing the Rubbermaid skid plate.

Thanks, Bob.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer