RE: Re: Looking for stereo stuff:

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:22:05 EDT

"Patrick and Kelly Engram" <patrickandkelly@erols.com> wrote in message
news:3ECEA505.1000000@erols.com...

> If I dont do this option, I may just upgrade the head unit to an
> aftermarket unit and add a 10/12 disc changer instead. Has anyone
seen
> an aftermarket in dash 6-disc changer? I should have ordered that
> option when I ordered my truck, but when I called the dealer 6 days
> later, they said it was too late, even though the truck was 3 weeks
away
> from production. It was a $200 option. Oh well...
> My wife's '01 Mazda Tribute has an in-dash 6 disc changer, so
hopefully
> someone has come out with an aftermarket unit since.
> Patrick

Argue with your dealer because that is something they could even do when
it arrived. BTW, if you want to keep it stock and cannot get the dealer
to do the right thing than keep an eye on eBay. I have seen a couple on
there already. Honestly I would just tell the dealer that you want the
radio and don't mind paying the extra $200 for it. If the salesman will
not help you out I would talk to his manager. Without saying it kind of
make them feel this would be a deal breaker. Usually when that happens
they'll do it to close the deal. I don't think there is a state that you
are financially obligated until you take delivery of the vehicle. With
sales the way they are now and the fact that trucks and suv's are having
a harder time you have the leverage. Shouldn't have to be anything more
than telling them the radio is important.

Jeff Durling