Re: New toy, WRX HELP

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:45:57 EDT

Sean, by reading what they have on allpar.com and putting two and two
together (relating the two different engine articles) they should weigh
nearly the same. According to them the Hemi weighs 56lbs less than a 5.9
so it should be almost the same for a 5.2. In the 4.7 article it weighs
54lbs less than a 5.2. I would guess that they are within a pound or so
of each other.

Just a side note: Not knowing the engine clearances in a GenIII the Hemi
may fit. Some have read it will be put in the dak (mentioned Mopar
Action article) and some have said they read it wasn't considered due to
the firewall (I know the 4.7 that was in my QC was tight). I have no
idea but considering the size of the dash there looks to be ample room
to modify the firewall. BTW, if they do come out with the Hemi in a QC
this fall ther is a GOOD chance there will be one in my driveway by
winter. ;-)

Jeff Durling