Re: insurance?

From: Droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 17:05:36 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

>Hey, I got my renewal for insurance on my Dak last week and noticed that my
>premium went up by like $50/year due to some bogus "truck rate increase"
>because "trucks do more damage in accidents than cars" according to my
>agent. Did anyone else experience anything like this??? I just want to
>make sure they're not jackin' my rates unjustly.

Of course it's unjust. All insurance rate hikes are. And they've been
doin' that for years ever since SUV's started to rule the road. Just be
lucky they aren't using your credit rreport to jack up your rates. Some
companies do that now. For example, my aunt has had no problems ever
with her vehicle as far as insurance claims. Someone steals her CC # and
a fraud flag pops up on her credit report because of it. And lucky her,
her insurance company sees the fraud flag and assumes she has bad credit
and can't handle her money so they jack up her rates. Even though fopr
the 30 years of her driving history there have been no problems.