Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 11:00:31 EDT

""scsilverdak"" <scsilverdak@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BAY7-DAV1942YkkZpdR00025dd2@hotmail.com...

> The ratings are the same regaurdless of
> the year 3.9 175hp - 225tq.......
>
> The difference being that the Superchips device has been applied to a
STOCK
> 3.9 and yours has a few "enhancements" already......

Yes, but if you correct the 175hp by 25% for driveline loss, you still end
up with 131hp, not 110 like shown on the dyno baseline supplied by them.

> This is why your curves are showing similar to theirs......add the
> Superchips device to your '00 and you may be surprised at the gains....a
> dyno run with the new programming will show a gain on yours as
> well......maybe to a greater extent.......

Believe me, the truck WILL be seeing the dyno after the programming, and
again after I put an exhaust on it. I'll keep you guys posted.

> AND as far as the octane rating debate,
> most chips and power adding devices such as Superchargers, and Nitrous
> require a slightly higher octane rating of fuel to slow the rate of fuel
> burn to ward off detonation.........pinging is mild detonation or
> pre-ignition of the fuel before it's supposed to.

I can agree to that, I've built cars before and know from experiance (still
have the piston to prove it, it's a nice ashtray) that you need to up your
octane if you add the juice or a SC.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L