Oil Pressure / OBD-II

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 18:07:29 EDT

Hey guys, I have a 97 Dakota SLT 5.2L, and for awhile now, my oil pressure
reads pretty high. Now, it's possible that the needle was set wrong when I
swapped the gauge face off 2 yrs ago, and I went to go out to see what my
pressure really is. Hooked up the OBD-II on my laptop, and went to look at
the oil pressure, but I couldn't find a reading for it anywhere?!?!?! I
checked all the gauge options, but couldn't find one for oil pressure. Can
the OBD-II software be used to pick up oil pressure? My needle is sitting
around 60-70 while at idle, but when running on hwy at around 70-75
(probably 2k RPM?), it's saying 100. I'm trying to figure out if it's a
sending unit, or if it's just the needle being off...

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L