Re: RE: Engine Temperature

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 18:56:53 EDT

> I used the Hayden 3647 T-stat control $39.99 at Pep-boys. Its working
great
> with my Viper fan. This control is adjustable from 90 to 210 degs.
>

> *-------------------------------Y2KOTA-------------------------------*
> Don Mallett
> Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
> http://www.mallettservices.com/y2kota.html
> http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm
> *-------------Straight home &no playing in the puddles!-------------*
>

>Is that a radiator probe or a coolant thermostat? How many degrees lower
>than the cut on temp is the cut off temp?
>James

I looked at the paper work that came with the T-stat and it does not say
what the cut off is compared to the cut on. The temp probe is pushed into
the radiator. Not to happy about that but seams to work ok.

FYI. The relay in the T-stat controller is only 30amp. The voltage from that
controls 2 30amp relays to power the fan.