Re: RE: RE: Rancho Shocks deal?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 20:42:39 EDT

On Fri, 30 May 2003 06:37:09 -0400, Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com
("Wisotzkey, Rich") wrote:

>Hi Ed,
>Never heard of 4wheel parts, so I guess we'll just have to pay a visit to
>their website. Thanks for the reply.
>Rich

I haven't ordered from them myself, but I've heard lots of good things
about them. Right now it looks like they've got the set of 4 on sale
for $251.99. This *is* the Rancho promotion, as far as I know.
They're just building it in to the price. That comes out to $63 each
for 4, but in reality I think you're paying for 3 and getting the 4th
one free, so it's more like $83.99 each, which is closer to their
regular per-shock price. That's also more in line with what I've seen
them priced at elsewhere (with some exceptions).

I was about ready to order from them today to get the free shipping,
but as it turns out a friend is going to be able to get me the set of
4 for about $230 (including the promotion and a pretty hefty
discount).

Evidently a lot of shops have stopped doing the Rancho promotions
because of various hassles involved. They basically buy 4 shocks from
Rancho, sell them to you for the cost of 3, and then wait on Rancho to
mail them a refund check (which sometimes takes weeks).

So, if all goes well, I should have them on sometime next week.
Looking forward to it.

-Bill