Re: Re: RE: Superchips Dyno Results

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@datastar.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 22:17:44 EDT

Yes - the project has matured alot since then. There are several
offshoots (too many to list) - even a land speed record holding
streamliner powered by a 375hp hayabusa engine that is squirted! I've
got 3 boxes completed and partial kits for at least 4 more. Takes about
2 hours start to finish - pretty easy and builds lots of confidence if
it ever needs modifying 8). It's really an extremely simple system.
 The original runs on a Motorola HC08 processor and the microcontroller
code is in HC08 assembler (public domain of course). There is at least
one variation that is written in C and compiled into code for an Atmel
AVR microcontroller. The Atmel version has lots more features and lots
of extra IO for things like staged Nitrous, fan control, delayed
lighting, interior/stereo mods, etc.

Glad to see you still riding herd over the DML - hope you and yours are
getting along ok. I've had some life-changing things going on for the
last few years as I think I mentioned here before (pops died Dec 10,
2002). Thought I might get a distraction playin w/the new R3 block but
got another bombshell dropped on me. Wife of 15 years got pregnant
recently even though many doctors said it would be virtually impossible
(endomytriosis, tilted uterus, many operations leaving one tube and
ovary, scar tissue, mid-forties, list goes on and on). Learned of it on
my parents wedding anniversary (April 15, 2003) - Guess what our due
date is? Dec 10, 2003. Think hard about that! Now I lay awake at
night wondering what it will be like at 55-60 yrs old with our only
teenager trying to run the house 8). We're past the first trimester now
so it all good at this point.

Trying to keep the projects alive and at least pour a slab for a new
shop before the young one gets here. We'll see what happens!

Peace!

Shane