My runs at VMP

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 01:03:24 EDT

First, some quick background. Best run to date was 15.80 @ 85mph.
Mods at that point: Quick-D intake, Gibson cat-back side swept exhaust,
Carsound Cat, Hypertech PCM, Crower 1.7 Rockers, 50mm TB

Mods since: M1 Intake Manifold and Positive Performance Headers

Quick info: Check engine light came on at somepoint on my way to the track,
but I made my first run like that anyway. Also, for the first time, I was
able to go around the water area for the burnouts, and just do a quickie to
get off some gravel. Had really good traction all night. All runs were at
around 25psi on my tires (hot)
2nd run: Reset Hypertech PCM. Did this to clear the MIL code and I know it
shifts later when the computer is still learning
3rd run: Disconnected Hypertech, reset PCM (See difference without
hypertech)

                1st 2nd 3rd

Dial: T/T 15.70 T/T
R/T .608 .621 .852
60 2.310 2.239 2.393
330 6.545 6.458 6.738
1/8 10.054 9.956 10.333
MPH 69.60 69.78 67.91
1000 13.145 13.040 13.503
1/4 15.766 15.656 16.195
MPH 86.05 86.24 83.79

In the 2nd run, that's the first time I've gone faster than 10 secs in the
1/8. Last run I slipped a little bit off the line (evident by the R/T), but
doesn't appear it slipped too bad looking at the 60' time. Overall, not too
bad. Unfortunately, I was only able to get in 3 runs in 4 hours. Got
eliminated in the first round because I broke out (didn't expect resetting
the computer would make THAT MUCH of a difference). Was kinda hoping for
better times, but, this is the first time that I've seen improvement from
any mods and have run anything other than a 15.8 or slower (Been to track 3
times before, had 15.8 runs at least once each time). Guess it could have
been worse, but man that place was PACKED!

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L