Re: Trading for a 2003 Ram 5.7 hemi maybe

From: Sam South (sawcut64@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 23:22:06 EDT

Hey Jim, Mark Kuzia bought a new Hemi Ram and is pleased with it except for
the 14 MPG's. It's a fully loaded SLT short bed RC with the 20" rims, 3.92
LSD, anti lock brakes, and power everything. He ran it at the Texas
Motorplex and was able to get a 15.40 with a couple thousand miles or so on
it, slightly slower then a RC R/T. There has also been a few guys on the net
who dynoed their Hemi's and they got about a 35%(?) driveline loss from the
trans. I'm not sure what site I got the info from, it was either
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/forums/index.php or
http://www.dodgetruckworld.com/forums/ It seems about right, I expected
more out of 345 HP then a 15.40, this truck only weighs a 3-400 lbs. more
then a L and it runs 13's....it's an awesome truck, Dodge just need to get
the power to the wheels instead of their advertisements.
Sam South
2003 Ram 1500 ST
4.7 5-Speed
(Still Dakless)