Re: Fan Removal

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 12:41:20 EDT

There is a big nut on the fan (36mm) A 1-7/16 will work, but is a little
loose. You have to loosen that nut to remove the fan and clutch from the
pulley. It is right hand thread. A strap wrench works well to hold the
pulley. Then remove the fan shroud and fan including clutch together. You
don't want to remove those four bolts to remove the fan. Also, keep the fan
and clutch upright. According to the FSM, you will damage the clutch if you
lay it down.