Re: Re: RE: RE: steering squeak & noise

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 15:42:19 EDT

"Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message
news:gfspdvgrv4cmvddl3g4j1sdujiegsgb5r3@4ax.com...

> Now I'm all paranoid. I'm going to have it all checked out just to be
> on the safe side. I'd rather spend the money to have it checked out
> and have there be nothing wrong than not know about it and have more
> serious problems.
>
> Since we're on the topic, are there Moog replacement ball joints for
> the 2000+ 4x4s? I haven't been able to find any on the web. Does
> Moog have a web site?
>
> -Bill

Moog is part of the federal mogul empire...
http://federal-mogul.com/cda/channel/index/0,2186,2442_7110,00.html

I know they make them for my 2wd, they have to make em for the 4wd. I had
to call them to get the p/n's, they weren't in any of the books yet. Don't
be too paranoid, odds are if you're not hearing/feeling any decent/severe
clunking noises you're just fine. Usually front end inspections are free,
you shouldn't have to pay for one, and I know sears will inspect your front
end and brakes for nothin. Might want to check them out if you trust your
local sears auto/NTB.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L