Re: hoping someone can help out with this problem, racing engine in a 99...

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 19:18:46 EDT

Doesnt sound like your iac solenoid. You may have a problem with the actual
tb shaft being bent or sticking. I'm sure sam will be able to help you. He
is usually real good about keeping f&b customers happy. Email is
parts@socaldakota.com I think..... hes also on this list so hhe may see your
post

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

Doesnt sound

>From: Pukeloser@aol.com
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: Re: DML: hoping someone can help out with this problem, racing
>engine in a 99...
>Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:27:31 EDT
>

>Sounds like your IAC solenoid is sticking, try unplugging the IAC solenoid
>(it is the one in the back of the TB) unscrewing the unit (should be 2 torx
>screws) remove the unit (it should slide right out) clean the plunger
>itself with
>some carb cleaner until all the black carbon build up is gone, then do the
>same for the hole that it goes into on the back of the TB (Q-tips work well
>for
>this but you'll need about ten or so to get it completely clean. Then
>replace
>the plunger unit and plug it back in. This usually helps, if not, you may
>need
>a new solenoid.
>
>John S
li