Fog Lights and Electric Fan.

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 20:22:44 EDT

In reference to a 4.7 motor.

In my old truck I had a crude toggle switch under the hood to flip the
electric fan on. I primarily used it while idleing in line for a race
to get the temp back down from 210 to 170ish, and a few times towing in
the summer up big hills. It did the job, but now in my new truck I want
to be more elegant. I never use the fog lights, so I pulled them out on
Sunday (might try to put them in the wife's Explorer, otherwise for sale).

Now I'm thinking about wiring the fog light switch to manually turn on
the electric fan. It looks like the fuse box under the hood is the
easiest way to do this, any thoughts? I'm no car wiring expert, but it
looks to me like the fog lights (and other lights?) are directly powered
by the light switch/dial (is that why the dial gets hot?). And the Fan
is powered by a relay. So I figure I can run a jumper from the fuse
location of the fog lights to the "Switch" pin of the fans relay. Again
any thoughts?

Jay W
505/287 Dakota