Re: Battery Relocate

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 09:09:31 EDT

If that makes you nervous, don't ever buy a sebring...the battery is in
front of the LF wheel in the lower air dam. You have to remove the wheel to
get at it. If DC could put that there for a stock location, I'm sure you'll
be fine hanging it from under the bed.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Jayson Woodruff" <woodrufj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3EDFE009.9070601@yahoo.com... > > Did you figure a place to put the battery? > > I tryied out behing the passengers seat (RC), maybe with a small > battery, but not with the stock one. I don't want to loose space in the > bed. There's a large empty pocket between the frame and the body under > the bed in the forward right side. I could rig something and hang the > battery upside down (Optima) from there. Having only sheet metal above > and on one side of the battery makes me nervious though. > > Jay W > 505/287 Dakota > > Kyle Vanditmars wrote: > > Ok, due to Dodge's excellent foresight in placing the three heaviest > > components after the engine and tranny on the same side of the truck > > (battery, gas tank, and driver,) I've noticed that the driver's side is > > starting to sag - particularly in the front. I'm thinking that the new, > > powerful, HEAVY battery that I put in a little while back is part of the > > problem (in addition to having 11 going on 12 year old springs,) so I'm > > considering moving the battery to somewhere on the passenger side and > > preferably rearward. I'm hoping it will help a little to level out the > > truck, plus it'll be another little unique touch on my truck. I would > > prefer to not have to get an optima, since I just bought this other battery, > > but I might consider it. > > > > Anyway, what are my options for locations? Anyone have any experience or > > have some resources on the subject? The truck's a '92, RC, V6, auto, 4x2. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Kyle Vanditmars > > > > >