Re: satisfaction : )

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 14:12:42 EDT

""Punch"" <2punch.crash2000@AHM.com> wrote in message
news:bc7p3g$n51$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Well I finally got around to my front end brake job, it went smooth,
except:

> p.s. when I compressed the rotors, fluid came spilling out the brake
> reservoir, anything I need to worry about?

Just make sure you clean the fluid off all the painted surfaces REALLY
well...

FSM actually recommends removing 1/4 of the fluid in the reservoir before
starting the job. You could also do a bleed job at the same time, and you
just open up the bleeder nipple and compress things. I know on my GenII,
you have to take a big C-clamp and compress the caliper while it was still
bolted in because the pins are recessed in these rubber doohickies (that's
the technical term)