Re: Re: satisfaction : )

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 15:39:44 EDT

Hey Brian, brakes aren't really all that hard, just be careful, they're
important. If you've never done them, have someone you know who has help
you the first time, and be sure to take a poloroid of the spring setup
inside the drums before you remove everything. If you are at all
mechanically inclined you should be just fine doing your own brakes.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Brian Fitchett"" <fitchett@chem.utah.edu> wrote in message news:bc7uht$4em$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > People talk about doing brakes all the time... i just wonder if its really > that easy with basic hand tools and such. I have never gotten in there and > poked around with the brakes (or anything really except the basic engine > stuff) so is it really simple that someone like me (reasonably intelligent, > hey i have a couple degrees!) could do?? > > Brian > > ""Punch"" <2punch.crash2000@AHM.com> wrote in message > news:bc7p3g$n51$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > Well I finally got around to my front end brake job, it went smooth, > except: > > > > my bottle jack was to short, I had 2 2x4 and it still wasn't long enough. > > those allen bolts holding on calliper were hard to get out, ( you pro's > have > > a ratchet Allen key or something?) > > > > couldn't believe all the crap that fell out when I removed the rotors. > > > > p.s. when I compressed the rotors, fluid came spilling out the brake > > reservoir, anything I need to worry about? > > > > punch > > > > > >