Re: Pullies???

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 13:13:55 EDT

With 1 less rib??? For what purpose? Why would I need to get a narrower
belt, is the underdrive pulley not as wide?

I'm a big fan of A/C here in Chicago, it's very humid in the summer... Has
anyone else experianced problems with the A/C after installing
underdrives???

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Tim Althoff"" <talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote in message news:4EBE1B363F81D048BE0A3D264CAB25112862C8@constellation.ibeamsolutions.com... > > I'll help you out now...get the underdrive pullies but only install the crank pulley. It does help out with starting from a dead stop. That's where i found the most gain from, although i'm sure it helps all the way through. The only side effect i found was that shortely after the instal my A/C doesn't work for the first 1-2 street lights. It's kinda weird. When i am stopped the A/C doesn't work, but when i rev-up the engine or get moving it's fine. After a few stops it works like normal... > > you will also need a shorter belt with 1 less rib. you can look through the archives for the exact length, i forget... > > Tim Athoff > www.yllwdkta.com > > -----Original Message----- > From: Josh Battles [mailto:jbattles@bankfinancial.com] > Sent: Thu 6/12/2003 12:43 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Cc: > Subject: DML: Pullies??? > > > > > I was thinking of getting a set of underdrive pullies for my V6, and am not > sure which pullies I should get. Should I stick with just the crank pulley > or what? Also, what kind of benefits are there to using underdrives? I've > never used them before, but then I've always had a V8 before... I'm looking > to squeeze as much as possible out of my little V6 and I figured that I'd at > least ask the DML, since this is a great knowledgebase and all... > > If there are any of you out there using them, what kind did you get? What > did they do for you? do you still have the p/n(s)?? > > Thanks in advance!!! > > -- > - Josh > Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > > >