Re: Check engine light

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 21:24:03 EDT

You are right this is the "Small leak detected in the evaporative purge
system" code. I just recently had this code in my truck. I replaced
the gas cap, reset the computer, and now I have a code P0455 "Large
(gross) leak detected in the evaporative purge system". Now I don't
know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jason

>>> jgburgan@radicus.net 06/13/03 04:28PM >>>

On the way home from work today my check engine light came on, the only
code
stored is a P0442. Can someone with a FSM look this up for me? Is this
the
dreaded evaporative emmissions or 'loose gas cap' code???

The truck is a '00, 4.7l, 5spd, 2wd.

I went out and tightened the gas cap which didn't feel loose,
disconnected
the battery, reset the computer, and took it out for a drive around
the
block. The light is off for now....

TIA,
-John