Re: Good price for body work?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 12:22:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2003 12:17:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ded74@yahoo.com writes:

> I'm having some stuff done on my truck, new hood, mirrors, door handles and
> shaving the tailgate handle. The hood is going to require some work,
> probably about 8 hours to make it perfect and they're going to blend the
> fenders and grille to make sure everything matches perfectly, same in the
> rear. They quoted me $2600, sound about right for quality work? I don't
> want a Maaco job, I want it to look perfect, like it came from the factory
> that way. I don't mind paying for quality work, just wondering how this
> compares to work that others have had done. Thanks.

I like the same quality work as you. It cost me $800 to have my hood prepped
and painted and it came out awesome. There are exceptions (like you know
somebody etc.) but good body work comes at a price.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD