Re: Codes- transmision speed sensor?

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 15:33:27 EDT

P0720 is definitely the Output Speed Sensor (on the tailshaft of the
transmission). It's covered under warranty and is replaced on a regular basis
at the dealerships.

P/N#: 4800879 - List Price = $16.70 (At your local dealership)

- Bernd

> My check engine light came on this weekend. I tried doing the key on-off to
find out why
but got nothing. I took it to autozone and the guy told me it was my
transmission speed
sensor [0720 I think?] He said they were about $30 or so. I noticed that when
I drove
past one of those radar-trailers, it showed me at 73 when my speedo was at 65.
My truck
has been shifting oddly lately also, seeming like it wants to stay in gear too
long during
leisurely accelleration. Are all of these issues related? Is this sensor easy
locate/change? Is it worth the hassle of doing? I have an extended warranty
but it will
cost me $100 [deductable] so I could wait to have it looked at until I have
them fix my
limited slip - unless this is something I should not wait on.