Re: DML BBQ 2003

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 12:20:26 EDT

Well, Alrighty then, in that case, I think I will try to show myself Thursday and Friday, and then go to the races Saturday and Sunday... Wow. This might actually work!

>>> norah.dml@bleazard.net 06/19/03 07:47AM >>>

Hi Everyone,

Jason and I won't be able to show up to the BBQ until Thursday to help get
things set up. As a friendly reminder to those interested in coming in
early.... Thursday is usually the day for cleaning up the barn, shopping for
food, and trail clearing. So anyone interested in coming down prior to
Friday will definitely be put to work... muwahahahahaha. But seriously,
this is Jon's home and he does work everyday. Every year he generously
hosts this event and works like mad to get everything ready while still
trying to do his daily thing. When we first organized this thing 5 years
ago.. the only wheeling day was set for Saturday with Friday being the
"trail clearing" day. With all of the excitement this event has stirred up
over the years, Friday has turned into another "wheeling" day leaving
Thursday as the prep day. So I'm going to take the bull by the horns, and
recruit some assistance in prepping the event for the weekend. All those
willing to help out with the work, please let Jon or myself know.

T minus 35 days and counting :-)