Re: Nice Roar

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 14:00:07 EDT

you may hear it more on the v6 because you have marginally more room in the engine compartment for the sound to propogate through... On my V8, theres an inch ot two... ;-)

>>> ksellstr@softcom.net 06/19/03 12:27PM >>>

Probably the fan clutch when engaged, if you really want to know for sure,
open the hood when it's on and feel the change in air flow behind the fan
vs. after it quiets down. Rev it up a little and it'll be plenty loud
until it cools down a little and dis-engages.

Kevin

At 12:30 PM 6/19/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got the 3.9 in my truck...
>After I startup the truck (or even if it's been idling for several
>minutes) it has a real nice roar to it. After a few minutes the roar
>goes away. I'm sure someone else has noticed this and knows exactly
>what it is. So I figured I'd ask.
>
>Craig Rash
>-------------
>2000 Dakota Sport
>ClubCab
>Black
>3.9 w/FABM
>JVC 12CD changer w/head unit

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS