Re: DML BBQ 2003 - Paintball???

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 16:58:04 EDT

"BARRY OLIVER" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote:

: ..Because I am going to the mid-ohio Supebike races that same weekend. I was thinking of buzzing up Saturday evening (or maybe Friday night) to see everybody depending on when the races end, but I don't know when... Actually, that's a project I have been working on, it's sitting right next to my golf-ball launcher. I am working on feeding issues with both, and how to make a constant air supply work for the paintball gun. The golfball cannon uses propane for motivation, but I doubt I could adapt that
to fragile paintballs...

   I would think that it would require a high pressure valve which would
open very quickly (sounds expensive). :-( A large CO2 tank would take
care of the supply - would just have to make sure to keep the line size
adequate, and of course find a solenoid capable of flowing enough CO2
and opening fast enough to fire the paintball.

   I gave it some thought when I thunk up the idea and was very
tempted to look into it further and build something, but I don't
play paintball so it would have no use to me. Still, it was very
hard to resist diving deeper into it, just for the "cool" factor. :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'