Re: Re: Re: Re: Figuring out a VIN#

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 22:35:41 EDT

Hey, Andy!

<snip> Bob Smith, you got some 'splainin' to do on how you got your 2K
SY!<snip>

I was told at the dealer (Scotia Motors - 5*) that the SY was only offered
for the first half of 2K.
Mebbe they were all leftover 99s, but my registration says 2K!
Not to mention the fact that every aftermarket or OEM part I've bought for
it has been ordered
for a 2K ...AND THEY ALL FIT!

(ok...I DID have problems with a lower shock bolt...)

The one identifying feature that I can point out that IS different on the
2Ks (compared to 99s) is the fan shroud.
You had a 99...yours was totally different from mine...

So THERE!

LOL

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY