Edelbrock IAS's & Roadmaster installed

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 00:29:01 EDT

I finished up putting on 4 IAS's and a Roadmaster active suspension kit on
my 2000 4x4 quad cab tonight.

"Wow." I could tell the difference just sitting on the tailgate, climbing
in and going down the driveway. I upgraded 'Wow' to 'Holy Crap' on the
freeway cloverleaf near here, it's like the truck is bolted to the road.
What a huge difference. I expected it to be good from all the reviews
I've read, but was still very surprised. I couldn't get the rear end to
kick to the side on the washboard bumps either, which it has always done
since new. They should come from the factory with the Roadmaster on them.

Overall a simple install, the rear shocks took longer than anything else.
The roadmaster was a piece of cake (air impact), with the hardest part
torquing the u-joints back to 110 ft-lbs (reading the scale is fun with it
an inch above my face ;-). Those upper shock mounts though, ugh, I'd like
to meet the guy who designed the nuts with those stupid ass clips that are
supposed to hold them but don't, and punch him in the nose. Aero Kroil
saved my bacon on those.

/Curt
Chelsea, MI