RE: Re: Gen II overhead console

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 09:10:42 EDT

Bill, I would be happy to give any information you need. Just so you
know the way I have decided to do this is to connect it to the leads
like it would have come from the factory. While the harness isn't there
and the one in the truck is actually different (really spent some time
digging through my truck and the FSM to verify this) all of the
connections that you need already exist in the truck. What's great about
this is the over head lights will work like the dome light and come on
when the doors are opened and if you decide to hook up an auto-dimming
mirror (can get one fairly cheap form eBay, let me know there is a
specific one to buy for a full oem look) that will work fully like it
would if from the factory.

Just let me know, I can tell you where to run the wiring and make
everything work (at least it should). There are 10 wires but some are
really easy to do. If you get one make sure to get the bracket for the
roof and try to get at least a foot or so of the harness. It can still
be done fairly easily but you may have to be a little creative.

Jeff Durling