Re: Scared...

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 02:10:15 EDT

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 02:27 AM, Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

> Speaking of transmission temperature, I'm thinking of putting in a
> trans
> temp guage to keep tabs on things. First, what brand would anyone
> recommend
> using, and second, where in the stream of oil would I mount the
> sensor? On
> the supply or the return line? I was thinking about it, and couldn't
> really
> decide on which made particular sense in my brain.

I know I should read ahead before I respond to this, but I'm not going
to.... sorry for assuredly repeating some things.

the tranny gauge I just picked up is a VDO vision series. it looks
great, but of course I have no idea how well it works yet =)
I picked it and it's sender up from <http://www.egauges.com/>

I have been planning on putting my sensor in the pan so I get an
overall picture, rather than the high extremes I'd get looking at the
fluid on its way to the cooler. it would be nice if there was a plug I
could replace with the sender since I grabbed the bushing kit to go
along with the sender in case I got lucky and could do that.

I'm hoping someone else will pipe up with something more concrete. If
not, you'll find out pretty soon how my locating goes.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>