RE: 2000 SY R/T

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 11:33:14 EDT

This is going to sound like a shot, it isn't. It depends on how you use your truck. It seems (from my experience) that no use is worse than hard use. My last truck was an 88 mazda 2600 4x4 that was a landscaper's truck before I got it. The bedliner was beat to death, but the area under the drop-in liner did not look bad. There were scuffs, but no rust and no real damage. When I got my dak, it had a drop on in it also. The guy that had it before me probably never put so much as a piece of paper in the bed, but when I looked under it, it was horrible. My theory was that lack of weight allowed the beadliner to vibrate and shift, and road dust turned the vibrating bedliner into a orbital sander. I took the drop-in out and got a spray-in.

>>> BigGabe@fiufiji.com 06/21/03 07:16PM >>>

i'm still a little skeptical about the whole drop-in liner debate. my
duraliner has been in the back of my truck since December 1997, and when i
looked underneath it the other day, it looked great. there were a couple of
scuffs, but nowhere near rusting. i'll take pix of it when i'm back on my
feet (had surgery on my ankle on Friday... the doctor found a lot of
arthritis, so it hurts a little today).

Gabe Couriel