Re: Tire Size

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 12:12:05 EDT

Seth Bush wrote:
> Thanks for all the input fellas. Looks like te BFG A/T's are a big hit...
> They look really nice... Barry... Do you have any problems with rubbing
> due to the width of your tires? Just curious. Thanks!
>>> andylevy@yahoo.com 06/22/03 03:59PM >>>
Hope you're ready for the sticker shock on the BFGs. Can't get them on
sale. But they are phenomenal tires, I miss mine a *lot*. My father
has the 31x10.5R15s on his '00 Durango (same size I had on my '99 Dak)
and doesn't like them in the wet, says they're slick. I never had that
experience.

I have 23k on mine so far and they are at 80% tread remaining ( I forget the 64ths..) They are expensive, but so are Michelins. I chose to pay for quality, besides, yo ucan get a deal on them, yo ujust have to look harder. I got mine for $116 each, out the door including lifetime road hazard and rotation.... As far as wet performance, they work better than the badyears. I lower them 6 psi (to 30) if I am going to be in the rain a lot, but that's just me. Durangos don't seem to like any tire in the rain, a friend of mine has an 00 durango with Michelins on it and he STILL dosen't handle as good as my DAK in the rain...