Re: Re: Re: Re: Figuring out a VIN#

From: Ron (menoldre@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 19:59:53 EDT

The dealers usually have an arrangement with the bank to offer loans at a
certain dollar amount per $100 financed. They can "buy down" this amount
(i.e. the interest rate) instead of taking money off of the price of the
car. So if they are making enough money on the price you agreed upon, they
can offer you a lower interest rate and you walk away happy, and they still
make money. Have you ever noticed that they ask you "how much can you
afford to pay a month"

They do the same thing with trades, i.e. they adjust the trade amount to
compensate for the total price of the vehicle you agreed to buy.

-Ron M.
95 CC V6 Sport