Re: What's this wire?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 23:10:43 EDT

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:51:12 -0400, andylevy@yahoo.com (andy levy)
wrote:

>Bill Pitz wrote:
>> Do you have any sort of factory security system? Under my dash
>> there's a couple of odd wires like that (complete with connectors that
>> loop back into themselves).
>
>Aside from the remote keyless entry, no.
>
>> It's possible that, if it doesn't go anywhere, it's intended to
>> provide power to either the trailer plug or an electric brake
>> controller. I could check under my dash and see which wires connect
>> to the brake controller connector that came with the factory option or
>> even take a picture if you think that'd help... (Mine's a 2000)
>
>If you could take a look that'd be great. I just have no clue where
>this thing leads to.

Here's what I've got. Not sure if they've changed the colors from '00
to '03.

The wiring colors are the same on the connector under the dash and the
harness that was supplied:

- Red/black stripe
- Black
- Light blue
- White/tan stripe

The red/black and black wires are pretty heavy gauge compared to the
others, I'd say either 14 or 12.

The wires that come out of the connector under the dash are very short
and just connect into the white box (sorry, don't actually know what
it is) with several other harnesses connected to it.

-Bill