BBQ2003, question for Jon, other mechanically inclined attendees..

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 11:46:40 EDT

  Have you ever seen or installed the Mopar tow hooks on a Gen3 Dak? You have a welder and a plasma cutter, right? Do you also have a torch or bending equipment? I would like to see about installing my Mopar tow hook kit and adapting my brushguard to work with them. As best as I can tell, they bolt onto the same bracket, but the lower mount point adapters conflict with the bracket that comes with the tow-hooks. The brushguard has a pair of long offset brackets that extend up to the bottom of the frame horns, I imagine I would have to fix/remake those brackets to connect to the towhook bracket to get this to work...does this make any sense/or sound like it's feasable to do either Thursday or Friday?