RE: Suspension help

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 01:20:51 EDT

Matt, there's really no *need* to do anything elaborate for your rear
suspension. I have a friend who races a big block Gen I Dak running
11.20's @ 118 using stock rear springs with one extra leaf added that starts
right behind the front spring eye. I personally use a set of modified SS
springs on my Dak. Since I drive to the track as well I can tell you they
handle fine on the street. If you're interested in what it took to make
them work, write me for the details.

Another alternative is Cal Track bars and their mono-leaf spring which they
just told me is now available for Daks. I also just talked with two Stock
Eliminator Dak racers during the Pontiac Excitement Nationals in
Columbus,OH. Both Daks run 11.90's and one uses stock springs with an
extra leaf and the other uses Cal Track bars. Same performance either way.
None of us use pinion snubbers.

Up to you how much money you want to spend. Results will be similar.

RayB