Re: RE: please trim replies

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 13:04:16 EDT

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:09:37 -0400, jdurling@bellsouth.net ("Jeff
Durling") wrote:

>I try to cut mine back but I can as much to blame as everyone else. Will
>keep an eye on it.
>
>Jon, just a thought but have you ever thought about changing from a
>mailing list setup to a forum setup right from the website. I know
>sometimes they can get out of hand but if you get several good frequent
>list members to act as moderators then you should be ok. Make it
>membership based and be strict about the rules and the list should stay
>its mostly happy self. Just a thought.........

It's not a bad idea. The traffic on the list is pretty significant.
I unsubscribed quite a while ago and have been reading via the
newsgroup since it keeps the clutter out of my regular e-mail. I know
a lot of people are subscribed to the digests, but the reply process
in that case is a real pain (at least to me.. I'm always in a hurry).

-Bill