Re: BBQ2003, question for Jon, other mechanically inclined

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 16:48:45 EDT

>>> jon@dakota-truck.net 06/25/03 09:25AM >>>

    Yep, that's the gist of it. I do remember (somewhat) how the tow
hooks attached, but I haven't seen the brush guard in much detail....

   I agree with Andy that the integrity of the tow hooks should not
be compromised if at all possible. As far as the brush guard goes,
is it pretty much for looks, or do you actually plan to push over
oak trees with it? ...
   One thing that this does bring to mind though, is the amount of
time we will have for these sorts of things. Thursday would definitely
be a better day to do this than Friday since Friday is an "official" (if
there is such a thing at the DML BBQ) wheeling day. ...

I'll post some better brushguard pic's tonight. The brushguard is mostly a deer catcher (or stupid people catcher) and as a marginal amount of protection for my clear headlights/corners. I suspect that bolting the brushguard to the tow-hook bracket will actually serve to strengthen it and make it better suited to it's task. I'll be there Thursday ( I might arrive late Wedensday, but I doubt it..)