RE: Timing Chain replacement help? attn:Aaron

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 18:53:25 EDT

Rich,
  This should add to your enjoyment. Greg mentioned that I didn't even need
the puller to begin with. That got me to thinking.....why did I even use
the puller in the first place? So, I grabbed one of my repair manuals to
see if it mentioned the puller in the instructions.
  Sure enough, on page 2C-12 of the Haynes manual on line 13 it states, "The
sprocket on the crankshaft can be removed with a two or three jaw puller,
but be careful not to damage the threads in the end of the crankshaft".
  I had this book along with another open in front of me the whole time I
was working!!! How did I manage to read the first part of this line and not
the second?!?!
  Who brought this subject up again anyway? :) I thought I had kicked
myself enough for this. Now I see I how bad I really screwed up. :) I have
to admit though, it is pretty funny.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6