Maintenance list Questions

From: Craig (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:46:28 EDT

>If your referring to my drain on my Dak, I don't know if the 3.9L has a
plug like that. Maybe >someone can help on this? But thanks for the credit
on that.

>When I did my ATF I installed a after market drain plug in my pan. Hope
this helps on the next >time!

Craig Rash
-------------
2000 Dakota Sport
ClubCab
Black
3.9 w/FABM
JVC 12CD changer w/head unit

>5)AT fluid and filter.
>I just read the owners manual and it said there is no plug?? What?!? I
gotta
>take off the whole pan? Is there a AT filter on the 3.9?

The only thing I did not see mentioned is when you remove the pan, try
this...
(After the Dak is on SAFELY on ramps..
A) Remove the bolts on the right and left side of the pan.
B) Remove all but one bolt on the lower end of the tranny.
C) Remove the middle bolts on the higher end and loosen the 2 outer ones.
D) Here's the fun part, Loosen the one bolt on the lower side and gently
loosen the pan. When the fluid starts to seep out, put your pan there and
just let as much that will drain do so. Then loosen the pan a little more at
a time. Do this as far as you can before fully drop the pan.

When I did my ATF I installed a after market drain plug in my pan. Hope this
helps on the next time!

This should help make less of the fluid coming out all over you and the
drive way.

Good Luck!!!!!

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+