Re: Drop Shocks????????????

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 14:40:03 EDT

That's a great idea Barry! Thanks! Does anyone know the length of the
stock shocks for my 2000 2wd??? That way I can find something maybe 1 inch
shorter in the front (2 inch drop) and 2 inches shorter in the rear (3 inch
drop)... that way I'd get a nice firm ride and it would hold the road quite
nicely.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message news:sf016f00.036@mail.dhs.state.il.us... > > Josh, they just opened an advance auto parts here, and I discovered something interesting. Their computer and their books don't match for cross reference numbers. When I went to get my fronts, we cross referenced the heck out of them, and came up with 4 different length shocks that were otherwise identical. I think the shortest ones cross referenced back out to a ford?? I know 2wd will be different, but possibly you could use the same method... look up a monroe, then cross it to a KYB, then see what matches the kyb in a Gabriel... you chould ensd up with 4-5 different part numbers that are theoretically the same. Then you have your parts guy pull all of them, and pick the shortest one. Then you repeat the process starting with the shorter shock, [if you need shorter yet]... > > >>> jbattles@bankfinancial.com 07/01/03 10:21AM >>> > > Ok, I know we've discussed shocks like a bazillion times now, but I can't > remember if we ever discussed drop shocks. I need to replace my shocks and > don't have the money to spend on the super-expensive Hotchkis Bilsteins > (about $95 each) that go with my drop kit. I was thinking of getting either > some of the Doesch Tech shocks or some generic Monroes for a stock height > truck and just compressing them excessively. What do you all think? Anyone > have any experiences that they'd like to share??? Any help would be GREATLY > appreciated!!! Thanks!! > > -- > - Josh > Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > >