Re: Q about OD button

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 21:03:07 EDT

At 10:18 PM 7/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
><SNIP> I hope this helps! Should give you some ideas to start
>with anyway! -Jon-

Thanks. I recall something about grounding as well but until
I could get my FSM back I wasn't sure of the details. It's an area
that I'll look at.

There is one thing that I'm not absolutely 100% sure of. The
column, shift lever when put into 2 and D (those I know for sure)
can be pressed towards the dash and held in that depressed
position. I did that when I shifted to 3rd in the first two elimination
rounds last Sunday and the OD remained OFF the whole way.
In the 3rd round, I didn't do that because I had bulbed and
OD came on by itself again. This made me think that maybe
adjusting the shifter cable was in order. Hmmm. I wonder if
I have a flaky ground somewhere in that shift lever or button itself.

I'll probably have a chance to get to it before heading up to Grand
Bend this coming weekend but I'll make sure to keep that shift lever
depressed during the races to see if it DOES eliminate the problem.

I also thought that I might be accidently hitting the button itself
but I have been making sure that my hand down is gripping
down from the end and away from the button is.

Sure be nice to make a run and be confident that the tranny
isn't going to surprise me by doing something weird :-(
I've got it now so that I can make the 5500/5600 rpm shifts
without hitting the rev limiter. Now this OD thing crops up!

Thanks again!
Bob