Re: RE: Drop Shocks????????????

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 11:38:48 EDT

Monroe's are lifetime warranteed...they'll just give me new ones if/when
they fail. Besides, I'm planning on putting the Bilsteins on anyway, I just
need something to smooth the ride out in the interim. I figure that I'll
try and get 6-8 months out of them but I dunno. I just know that $400 for
shocks is a little (ok, a lot) more than I want to (and can afford to) spend
right now. Mostly, I don't want to have to drive to the bbq on worn shocks.
I got 50K out of the stockers, that's good enough for me. I didn't have any
problems with the truck lowered, they just ride harder, but no bottoming.
The only thing on my truck that bottoms is the tires/wheel wells on the
front.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<John_Neff@Dell.com> wrote in message news:28FD0C09445F4241898A19A40CBA2804EFD699@ausx2kmps308.aus.amer.dell.com... > > I ran Toxic Shocks on my '83 Toyota which was lowered about 4" front and 5" > rear. They were fairly inexpensive compared to Bilsteins but a little more > than standard Monroe's. The problem with running a stock length shock on a > lowered vehicle is the possibility you can bottom out the shock on a hard > compression. If this happen, and you damage the shock, it's toast and you're > back to asking the list about which shock to buy next :) > > John > http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html > > <snip> > Ok, I know we've discussed shocks like a bazillion times now, but I can't > remember if we ever discussed drop shocks. I need to replace my shocks and > don't have the money to spend on the super-expensive Hotchkis Bilsteins > (about $95 each) that go with my drop kit. I was thinking of getting either > some of the Doesch Tech shocks or some generic Monroes for a stock height > truck and just compressing them excessively. What do you all think? Anyone > have any experiences that they'd like to share??? Any help would be GREATLY > appreciated!!! Thanks!! > <unsnip> >