RE: rattle, rattle, squeek

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 09:56:24 EDT

Hey Barry!

Here is a suggestion for you....while you are driving over the bumpy
road/parking lot/etc., press on the brakes slightly. See if that doesn't
stop the rattles.

Why?!? I took mine in to the dealer for a rattle in the front end that
sounded like I had those plastic wheel covers on steel wheels. It turns out
that the clips that hold the brake pads in place are starting to rust and
loose their springiness (if that is a word). But, when pressing the brakes
while going over bumps the rattles disappear. Does that make sense?

Needless to say, I am gathering the parts to redo my brakes ;) Just a
thought.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 87,500mi!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU