Re: O/T: ebay charges?

From: Ron (menoldre@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 23:22:43 EDT

Yes:

There is usually a set listing fee and then added to that is a fee based on
the starting price of your auction. If you have a reserve, the fee is based
on the reserve price (I think). Then there is an additional charge based on
the amount that you sell the item for. No sell, the last one does not kick
in.

It works like this. Ebay wants people to come to them to buy things.
Cheaper things sell. Ebay charges you less money (i.e. gives an incentive)
if you don't have a reserve and if you start your auction off at a low
price. Both of these ideas help things sell, which make people want to
come back to ebay.

Real Estate is wierd two. A different range of fees. So sometimes you will
see real estate for sale in the OTHER category where the regular fees apply.

Hope this helps (and hope I got everything right from memory).

-Ron M.
95 CC V6 Sport